Monday 24 October 2011

Exciting Gluten-Free Products!

Hello all! I am writing this in protest of finishing a pressing paper due tomorrow. I guess I've been so wrapped up in school, I've kinda lost the balance in my life I usually take great pride in having. So, in an effort to bring balance to my evening (and to procrastinate just for 15 more minutes), I bring you a special blog post...

 I wandered around Lifestyle's Market (Douglas location) a couple weeks ago as an opportunity for me to spend money on 'specialty' foods that I probably can't afford. I only do this once every few months, so I somehow can justify it. Anyways, to my delight I found some really amazing gluten-free goodies just waiting to be sampled:

1) Goldbaum's Gluten-Free Chocolate Sugar Cones: a far cry from those styrofoamy goblets we enjoyed as youngsters. it's an ice cream cone...that tastes like a COOKIE! It's likely just another simple privilege that gluten-eaters enjoy regularly, but seriously, when was the last time you had a sugar cone? A must-buy as a wonderful little treat for yourself (goodness knows, you deserve it) [12 cones for about $6]

2) Mountain Top Bakery Sausage Rolls: the little fat kid inside of me loved sausage rolls--flaky dough wrapped around a log of meat?! Sounds promising, right? These little gems made for a couple perfect lunches, yet were a tad expensive. Found in the freezer section. [ 4 rolls for $10]

3) Annie's Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese: I feel like I should have known about this sooner--I feel like I was a deprived student because I didn't eat KD twice a day, and I really hoped for an authentic university experience. This lovely box of super-salty cheese dust and dehydrated elbows (pasta shape, not body part) made a perfect midnight snack while I was studying. I feel slightly more complete. [ 1 box for about $4]

4) Glutino's Chocolate Covered Pretzels: I feel like this doesn't even need justification, but in case you haven't convinced yourself that you deserve this, I'll give you some motivation. It's pretzels....covered in chocolate. Sweet and salty crunchy morsels of indulgence; super addictive, super deadly. I suggest asking your significant other to hide them once you've taken a good handful, otherwise, you'll find yourself walking back and forth from your laptop to the kitchen cupboard in an attempt to satisfy your basic human need to eat chocolate covered pretzels. Good luck with this one. [ 1 bag, for $6]

No comments:

Post a Comment