Saturday 21 May 2011

Here we go!!

Welcome to my brand new blog! The design and layout is surely to change in the coming weeks as I familiarize myself with web designing, but until then, this is THE place where fellow celiac-sufferers can get a leg-up on the world of food, and where to go to enjoy the best and safest meals. Going out for meals when you have a gluten-allergy (or any food allergy really) can be challenging, even downright bummer sometimes. Thankfully, in our ever progressing world, gluten allergies are becoming more recognized and accommodated. My hopes for this blog will include providing you all postings on the following: which restaurants are gluten-free friendly and delicious, which are NOT, personal recipes, grocery lists, tasty new gluten-free products available in Victoria BC, and any out-of-town ventures I take and where I end up eating.
I found out I had celiac disease 4 years ago, and while it can be difficult to always enjoy the food I'm stuck eating, I have found that with a little effort, I can enjoy meals around town without the unfortunate and painful bloat afterwards. While I enjoy cooking most of my meals, I do love any chance I get to taste new food around town. As a celiac, and food LOVER, I refuse to take a backseat while I explore all culinary adventures. Let's get started, shall we??

No comments:

Post a Comment