Thursday 26 May 2011

Product Review: "Gluten Freeda's" Instant Oatmeal (available at The Market On Yates, and Lifestyles)



















Last Spring, as I remember fondly, I was wandering the isles at the Market on Yates, conducting business as usual, just picking up groceries for the week. And then....I saw it....And bought four boxes.
Gluten-free Instant Oatmeal by Gluten Freeda. I used to LOVE oatmeal before I found out I couldn't eat it anymore, four years ago. I would eat it for a quick breakfast before a workout and I marvelled at how satisfied my tummy would feel for hours after. I went three years without any oats at all, and then everything was about to change.
Gluten Freeda's is my perfect companion--I would bring a couple packets to school and just pour on some hot water from the cafeteria, add a spoon, good to go!
I do find this brand to be a little bit sweet for my tastes, so I like to combine it with regular gluten-free rolled oats, add water, and microwave it if I'm in a hurry.
I won't forget the first morning I was reintroduced to instant oatmeal...I sat on the couch, grinning, staring into my bowl. It's amazing how such simple things can give you so much joy.
I give this product a big THUMBS UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment