Sunday 22 May 2011

Restaurant Review: Origin Gluten Free Bakery (1525 Pandora Ave, Victoria BC)

Last year, when this wonderful gem opened in Victoria, I was beyond excited to finally eat FRESH (not frozen) bakery treats like baguettes, cupcakes, focaccia bread, eclairs, and biscotti. The first time I went to Origin's, I bought a baguette and a focaccia loaf to bring home and devour with turkey chili my mom made for me during finals week for school. I ate half of the baguette and half of the focaccia loaf before I even made it home, and then ate the rest later that night with the chili. I was in carb heaven!
Since that enlightening day, I have sampled many other items from Origin's menu. While everything they serve up is delish, I of course have my favorites:
-Baguette (perfect with brie and apple)
-Hamburger buns (delightful clouds of sesame speckled love, they double as sandwich buns for breakfast, or pulled pork, or road trip turkey and lettuce bundles of joy)
-Cupcakes (it's hard to choose a favorite...but if a gun was held to my head, I would vote for the Carrot Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing--divine)
-Biscotti (chocolate cranberry)
-White Sourdough Loaf ( I'm a sucker for sourdough...nuff said)

Origin's is very accommodating for special orders I have found--if you place an order in advance, they can modify some products to suit your dietary needs.
Their lunch items are sinfully satisfying--their quiches must be the best in Victoria.

Image courtesy of Origin's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment