Sunday 29 May 2011

Product Review: 'Pamela's Chocolate Cake Mix' (available at Lifestyles and Planet Organic)

Pamela's Chocolate Cake Mix
I will admit...I can be incredibly lazy when it comes to baking gluten-free goodies. Let's face it, it's not always easy to produce delicious and successful gluten-free desserts, and this is exactly why I choose to buy baking mixes. Is this considered cheating? Am I any less creative and ambitious? Frankly, no. I'm just not a baker.

I of course, enjoy jazzing up my gluten-free baking by making my own icings and frostings, even adding my own ingredients to the mixes sometimes too, like pecans or cranberries. My suggestion: just have fun with it and thank heaven there are gluten-free baking mixes that have already been perfected by the professionals.

Down to business! I love 'Pamela's' products! I've tried all the baking mixes, and they were all amazing with the exception of the "Vanilla Cake Mix"...it tasted strange, but I wanted to love it so badly. For all the other bagged mixes by Pamela's, you can't go wrong. My absolute favorite is the Chocolate Cake Mix.

For your information, Pamela's also makes bags of tiny gluten-free cookies. They come in Ginger Snap, Chocolate Chip, and Double Chocolate--they also don't use corn products (last time I checked anyways). I have been known to eat an entire bag of these tasty cookies in one sitting...it usually happens while watching back-to-back episodes of Friends.

[Image courtesy of http://www.pamelasproducts.com/]

No comments:

Post a Comment